Frequently asked questions
- Where can I signup for an API key?
- I have my API Key. What do I do now?
To get started, take a look at the documentation where you can learn how to use the API.
- My dashboard says that my rate limit is 10 requests per minute. How can I request a higher rate limit?
The default rate limit of 10 requests per minute is for testing/development purposes only. Once you are ready to launch your tool, you can request a higher rate limit through the Vainglory API Developer Portal -> Select the app under "MY APPS" on the left -> Navigate to the "API KEY & RATE" section -> Click the "Need a higher limit?" link to the right under "APP RATE LIMIT:". Once we have approved your request, you will receive a confirmation email
- What can I do with the data I get from the API?
Build awesome tools for yourself, or for the community! You can derive any information you’d like from the data, but you cannot scrape or store all of the data from the API. For a full list of what is acceptable and what is not, check out the terms of service.
- Will you charge for use of the API?
No. The API is currently free to use.
- Are developers allowed to earn money on sites using the API?
Yes, but please be aware of the limitations specified in our terms of service. In particular, the non-competition section.
- If I have a question regarding the API, what do I do?
Check out the documentation. If you do not find an answer to your question there, you can reach out via The Vainglory Discord. Once there, head over to the "vainglory-api" channel for further instructions.
- Can developers store and aggregate/reindex match data to meet the requirements of their site?
Yes. Aggregated data can be stored without limitation, however, raw game data from the API may only be stored for a period of 30 days. Please note the following section from out terms under "Restrictions On Use": "...you represent and warrant and agree that you will not contribute any Game Data (which is defined below) or otherwise use the Services or interact with the Services in any way that: ... g. copies or stores any Game Data or portion of thereof without authorization for more than thirty (30) days.""
Development / Troubleshooting
- I found a bug in the API. How do I report it?
Click the “Report a Bug” button in the bottom right corner, then fill out and submit the form. Please be sure to include specific examples to help us troubleshoot the issue.
- I submitted a bug report. What happens next?
Our team will begin investigating the issue as soon as possible. After a patch has been applied, we will include the details in the changelog.
- The documentation seems wrong. What do I do now?
You can open up an issue or contribute to the docs on GitHub if you’d like to make some changes.
- I just played a match but my stats haven’t showed up yet, what’s the deal?
The API defaults to searching for matches over the last 3 hours. To find any matches before then, you must specify a Created-at time.
- Where can I find assets to use on my project?
- What endpoints do I have access to with the API?
Check out the documentation